Wednesday, October 8, 2008

moving. slowly. moving

8th October, 2008

I try hard not to get on any political (or other) rants here in this space. I save it up mostly for my Sweet P & other more expecting friends (& foes too).

But I feel the shift in the air. The culture of acceptance in our society for the honesty of government & institution is moving, slowly, moving. 

Rarely do we question the chemicals in our foods, our pharmaceuticals, our beauty products. We believe that in this first class society, regulation protects us from nasties. Well my friends, I'm afraid that is not so. It is shocking & alarming to know the adverse side effects caused by many products deemed 'safe' by our regulators. 

Why is it that we are so conscious of what Miles (& ourselves) eats, wears, plays with, consumes? Because we have a small understanding of the effects of chemicals in many everyday products. We say no to lollies, not (only) for the sugar content, but for the myriad of colours & preservatives.  We do so to increase his joy & pleasure rather than deny it as is often thought, I'm sure. 

So, my friends, if you choose to consider, to question, to be aware of what goes into your bodies, here are a couple of links. Very short articles which offer a glimpse. I highly recommend you do. 

Scientists at Harvard Medical School studied more than 3000 women and found using talc once a week raised the risk of ovarian cancer by 36%.



in peace & health x

No comments: