Tuesday, May 29, 2007

heart to heart

29th May, 2007

My sweet baby boy. Almost one year old. I'm not ready for this milestone yet, but you are. I want to hold on to the closeness just a little bit longer. I know soon you'll be off exploring on your own & I'll miss you terribly. I am so very honoured to be your mama. You amaze me with your kindness, your sparkle, your joy. You have taught me so much already. About my own strength & knowing. About the potential for humanity. About sacrifice. I thank you. 


This is where you sleep ~ against my body, so close, warm, safe. I hold you tight even as I dream about the day I'll be able to tuck you into your own bed for sleep. We move about a lot while you sleep. You like the motion. This is when I tidy up & potter about. Softly & slowly so as not to wake you. Please know that there will always be a place for you in my pouch. Snuggling close, heart to heart. For as long or as often as you want it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful moment between my wonderful daughter in law Jules and her son Miles, my georgus grandson. Jules you are a great mum and a very beautiful person. Heath xxoo